PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
SUTTA KATHAI MOVIE REVIEWRelease Date : Oct 25,2013
Cast: Jayaprakash, Lakshmi Priya, MS Baskar, Nanditha, Nassar, RS Shivaji
Background score: Madley Blues
Stunt choreography: T. Ramesh
Dance choreography: Sathish
Singers: Harish Venkat, Harshitha Krishnan, M.S.Vishwanathan, Mano, Solar Sai, Subu, Venky, Vijay Prakash
Lyrics : Harish Venkat, Subu
PRO: Mounam Ravi
Looking at the title of the movie, don’t come to the conclusion that it is a plagiarized story. The ‘Sutta’ part refers to a gunshot which claims a victim and how a set of characters are linked to this murder.
Koramalai, a fictional village populated by lazy inhabitants is the scene of action. Two rookie constables, Ramki and Sangili, report for duty at the police station in the village with dreams of carrying out their duties in an honorable manner and the aforementioned murder gives them a chance to prove their credentials.
There are a few twists lined up in this whodunit by director Subu and whether he has managed to completely hold his audience in his grip is the question?
Balaji and Venkatesh play Ramki and Sangili respectively and they fit into their roles very well. While Ramki is a fan of actor Ramki and is a kleptomaniac, the wafer-thin Sangili is a fan of actor Arun Pandian and is partially deaf. They are obsessed with ‘Sambasivam Crime Comics’ and get an idea or two out of the various editions. These scenes are hilariously presented and enacted.
Popular mass scenes have been spoofed and Sangili's dig at a couple of top industry celebrities is enjoyable. Venkatesh also comes out with his popular ‘Step Step Mani’ moves for the ‘Dingu Dongu’ number. The way he runs, also adds to the fun quotient during the chase scenes.
Nassar brings out his range of histrionics as Inspector Thirumeni while a flabby constable named Singamuthu gives the director a chance to indulge in some ‘belly’ based comedy.
M.S.Bhasker plays the leader of a tribal group named ‘Kunjanis’ and the rituals and lingo of this tribe are pronounced. Lakshmi Priya’s action packed role is quite significant. Jayaprakash’s role is yet another important one, which is introduced late and the actor does it well. His unique accent is noticeable.
The writing shines through in some of the dialogs such as the sequential ‘Ki Ramki Li Sangili Tea Special Tea’ and when a heavily stacked man asks his little daughter to check if he had put on his belt. Tasmac becomes ‘Bossmark’ here and we are told in the beginning that all the characters had been given juice in the name of alcohol. Funny indeed.
The entire movie has been shot in Kodaikanal but the director doesn’t waste any time showcasing the pristine beauty of the land. This crisp treatment helps the movie to race to its finish line in just 1 hour and 45 mins. One particular crane shot takes the cake in cinematographer Nishar's work.
Madley Blues’ numbers are a delight to hear and have been used pretty well in the narrative. Don’t miss the intro credits sequence where the ‘Kaatukulla Kannamoochi’ number has been aptly used to illustrate the movie’s plot through an animated comic strip. Brilliant work.
Since the story happens in a forest, the sound design and effects may assume greater importance when seen with Auro 3D.
Though director Subu’s intelligence and wit can’t be questioned, this murder mystery never takes itself seriously and resolves too conveniently in the end. The twists straighten themselves out, all too easily. If the movie had offered more laugh-worthy moments, particularly in the second half, the end product could have been memorable.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON SUTTA KATHAI REVIEW
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS
- 6 Movie Review
- Ya Ya Movie Review
- Shuddh Desi Romance Movie Review
- Moodar Koodam Movie Review
- Mathapoo Movie Review
- Arya Surya Movie Review
- Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam Movie Review
- Summa Nachunu Irukku Movie Review
- Thanga Meengal Movie Review
- Ponmaalai Pozhudhu Movie Review
- Desingu Raja Movie Review
- Aadhalal Kadhal Seiveer Movie Review
- Aindhu Aindhu Aindhu Movie Review
- Thalaivaa Movie Review
- Pattathu Yaanai Movie Review
- Sonna Puriyadhu Movie Review
- Maryan Movie Review
- Singam 2 Movie Review
- Annakodi Movie Review
- Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru Movie Review
SUTTA KATHAI RELATED NEWS
- Sutta Kadhai And Nalanum Nandhiniyum- Status Update
- Sutta Kadhai Helps Hearts Beat
- Will Sutta Kadhai Be The First?
- ''We Are Confident Despite Arrambam's Release'', Subu
- An Underdog Before Ajith’s Arrambam
- From Raja Rani To Anjalai ...
- Suriya And Jyothika - Going Strong As Ever
- "Vendhar Movies S. Madhan Is A Perfect Gentleman"
- We Are Not Fighters - SPB
- There's Nothing Wrong In Praising Ajith
- Ya Ya, Its A Flurry Of Films!!!
- The Great Battle Of Love And Comedy
- Time For Some Dark Comedy!
- Great Applause For Vijay Sethupathi's New Single
- Dhanush's Honesty Has Left Him With No Friends
SUTTA KATHAI RELATED LINKS
- Sutta Kadhai Will Take You To A Totally New World - Venkat Prabhu - Videos
- Sutta Kadhai Movie Preview
- Sutta Kathai - Unnai Naanum Video Song - Videos
- Sutta Kathai I II
- Sutta Kathai I II
- Sutta Kathai Audio Launch - Videos
- Sutta Kathai Audio Launch - Photos
- Sutta Kathai Music Review
- Sutta Kathai Teaser- Videos I II
- Sutta Kathai Trailer- Videos I II
- Meet Sutta Kathai - Videos
- Naalu Ponnu Naalu Pasanga Audio Launch - Photos
- When Is Viswaroopam 2, Veeram & Jilla Releasing? - Videos
- Arun Vijay Launches Princess Club And Sree Srungar - Videos
- Arun Vijay Launches Princess Club And Sree Srungar - Photos