PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
BIRIYANI MOVIE REVIEWRelease Date : Dec 20,2013
Cast: Hansika, Karthi, Mandy Takhar, Premgi Amaren, Ramki
Direction: Venkat Prabhu
Screenplay: Venkat Prabhu
Story: Venkat Prabhu
Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja
Background score: Yuvan Shankar Raja
Dialogues: Venkat Prabhu
Editing: N. B. Srikanth, Praveen K. L
Art director: Videsh
Stunt choreography: Silva
Dance choreography: Kalyan, Raju Sundaram, Shobi
Singers: Bhavatharini, D. Imman, Devan Ekambaram, G. V. Prakash Kumar, Gaana Bala, Karthi, Premgi Amaren, Priya Himesh, PSYCHO.unit, Rahul Nambiar, Ramya NSK, S. Thaman, Tanvi Shah, Vijay Antony, Vilasini
Distribution: Studio Green
Biriyani, the delicious dish, becomes the focal point of director Venkat Prabhu’s 5th film after a very successful outing in Mankatha. The ‘All Boys’ club is almost there with a new key addition in the form of the energetic Karthi. Biriyani is also a landmark film for Yuvan Shankar Raja as it marks the one hundredth project of the talented music composer.
The tagline of the film says, ‘it’s a Venkat Prabhu diet’ and Biriyani in all forms and shapes establishes the irreverent style of the director that is thoroughly enjoyable. The weird fetish of Karthi to have Biriyani as the main dish for his liquor accompaniment and his pursuit of the same lands him and Premji in unpalatable situation. The consequence of this is the main ingredient of Biriyani giving this ‘dish’ its characteristic Venkat Prabhu flavor.
Karthi is every bit the playboy Sugan and his impish smile and nonchalant body language render the character an endearing feel. He dishes out a charming performance either in the manner in which he scans girls from top to bottom or the way in which he delivers his dialogues. He also scores in dancing and action sequences.
Premji is the perfect foil for Karthi and their chemistry rocks in Biriyani. Even though Premji’s antics are much on expected lines, the self deprecation mode helps with ‘indha dialougai evalo naal daa solluvae”. Through the film, Premji makes the audience laugh, being at the receiving end of Karthi’s waywardness.
Very typical of Venkat Prabhu, comedy pervades in the most serious of situations and one can’t help admiring the director’s dexterity in this segment. With dialogues like “nee aasai padaradhu unakku kedaikkum, naan aasai padaradhum unakku kedaikkum” and “avanukku endha car pidicha ennanga, otta poradhu naan dhaanae”, Venkat Prabhu reiterates his shenanigans.
There is almost a battalion of supporting cast in the form of Jaiprakash, a much beefed up Sampath, Uma Riaz Khan, Nasser, Ramki, Vijayalakshmi, Subbu Panchu and Madhumitha. And a ‘blink and miss’ appearance of Jai also gets noticed with a cheeky statement of the director. Mandy Thaker is her seductive best and Hansika is her ravishing self.
Much has been said about Yuvan’s tracks whose popularity tells it all about their success. Venkat Prabhu has used them aptly without them being a protraction although when appearing in grave circumstances. Pom Pom Pennae, Run for Life and Mississippi numbers are well choreographed and sprightly shot. Cinematographer Sakthi Saravanan’s understanding of his director has resulted in the right kind of angles and mischievous lighting and the cameraman makes a cameo with a comical statement to Karthi in the hospital.
Screen play of Venkat Prabhu is pacy and the director keeps his cards close to the chest for a larger part of the film only to keep the audience guessing till the climax. The writing is crisp, the lines are funny and the audiences are taken through a fun and suspense ride in Biriyani.
To encapsulate, Venkat Prabhu’s Biriyani while adhering to the director’s recipe, has humor, suspense, music, action and glamour in delectable portions resulting in a delicious product.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON BIRIYANI REVIEW
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS
- Vidiyum Munn Movie Review
- Irandam Ulagam Movie Review
- Ravana Desam Movie Review
- Villa Movie Review
- Pandianadu Movie Review
- All In All Azhagu Raja Movie Review
- Arrambam Movie Review
- Sutta Kathai Movie Review
- Ragalaipuram Movie Review
- Nugam Movie Review
- Naiyaandi Movie Review
- Vanakkam Chennai Movie Review
- Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara Movie Review
- Onayum Aatukuttiyum Movie Review
- Raja Rani Movie Review
- 6 Movie Review
- Ya Ya Movie Review
- Shuddh Desi Romance Movie Review
- Moodar Koodam Movie Review
- Mathapoo Movie Review
BIRIYANI RELATED NEWS
- Thala Ajith In Biriyani?
- A Biriyani Break For Karthi And Ranjith
- Biriyani - USA Showtimes
- Biriyani - One Big School Reunion
- Biriyani- 10 Crores And In Two Weeks
- Biriyani Release Date Has Been Confirmed
- Biriyani To Arrive Earlier
- Yuvan's Live Plans Are Postponed For Now
- Karthi And Anurag Kashyap Together - Not Happening!
- Rendavathu Padam Censored Again!
- Yuvan Has Packed His Bags
- Venkat Prabhu’s Promise To Suriya!
- What Does The Jilla Album Have To Offer?
- Director Ram's Take On The 'yo Yo Boys' And 'yo Yo Girls'
- From Vijay To Suriya To Karthi
BIRIYANI RELATED LINKS
- Biriyani SWOT Analysis
- Biriyani Movie Preview
- Biriyani - Bay Of Bengal International Version Feat - Videos
- Biriyani - Pom Pom Penne Video Song - Videos
- Biriyani Audio Launch In Telugu - Photos
- Team Biriyanis Cochin Promotion - Photos
- Biriyani Team Meet - Photos
- 11th CIFF Closing Ceremony And Award Function - Videos
- 11th CIFF Closing And Award Function - Photos
- Maalumi "FAILURE GAANA" Full Song - Videos
- "Hansika Catches Me With Another Girl In A Bathroom" - Karthi - Videos
- Veeram | A new start for Selvaraghavan and Captain Vijayakanth - TOP 10 NEWS - Slideshow
- Veeram | Ajith's 25 and Vijay's surprise - Top 10 News - Slideshow
- Veeram | Ajith,Dhanush,Simbu and their big partnerships - Top 10 News - Slideshow
- Veeram | Superstars plan for the future - Top 10 News - Slideshow