PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
THAGARAARU MOVIE REVIEWRelease Date : Dec 06,2013
Cast: Arulnithi, Bhavan Ji, Jayaprakash, Murugadoss, Poorna, Sulile Kumar
Direction: Ganesh Vinayaac
Screenplay: Ganesh Vinayaac
Story: Ganesh Vinayaac
Music director: Dharan Kumar
Background score: Praveen Sathya
Dialogues: Ganesh Vinayaac
Editing: T. S. Suresh
Art director: Rajeevan
Stunt choreography: Dilip Subbarayan
Dance choreography: Dinesh
Singers: Ananthu, Chinna Ponnu, Haricharan, Karthik, Velmurugan
PRO: Nikhil Murugan
Distribution: Cloud Nine
In Thagaraaru, Director Ganesh Vinaayac picks Madurai as his backdrop to tell the tale of four petty thieves who find themselves in the midst of the city’s history of violence and aggression.
The band of brothers, Arulnidhi, Murugadoss, Pavanji and Sulile Kumar, led by professional practices and a series of events find themselves warring with one of the most notorious men in Madurai. As it turns out, there are others vying to take out this gang of thieves as well. Somewhere between all this, the director cooks up a love-at-first-touch romance between Arulnidhi and Poorna along with some limp comedy to make up the first half. The interval block does build up well and promises more.
As far as performances go, within the thieving gang, Arulnidhi comes across as the baby-faced dare devil criminal and one feels that he could have put his imposing height and frame to better use. He’s tried to come out of his quiet-persona mould. Dancing too is an area that he needs to look into. The other guys in the gang, played by Murugadoss, Sulile Kumar and Pavanji, are all well cast as they look and play their parts aptly. Poorna finds herself in a role that could potentially have a lot of people talking about her, but it feels that the presentation of her character demanded a little more attention from the director.
The intent that Ganesh Vinayaac shows during Nanba Nanba song to drive home the bonding and friendship is commendable and the same amount of intent ought to have been given to nurture the romantic angle which then would have played a huge part in creating the impetus in the climax. Also, instead of making the second half a gripping narrative that unearths several clues, it plays out as a long drawn out melodramatic affair filled with kicking and screaming in the rain making the 2 hr and 15 min film feel a tad longer than it should.
Dhill Rajg’s cinematography makes an impact with his close-ups and low angle shots while T.S.Suresh pulls off the task of editing a long and tense climax. Dharan’s songs are lively while Praveen Sathya’s re-recording in the second half is noteworthy. In a film where there’s plenty of sickle waving, the stunt master, Dhillip Subbarayan gives the action blocks some cinematic moments and also marginally excess violence, leading to the film’s U/A certification.
Those who bask in Madurai fanaticism will have some takeaway from Thagaraaru, the rest will be left without caring for the characters or their motives.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS ON THAGARAARU REVIEW
OTHER MOVIE REVIEWS
- All In All Azhagu Raja Movie Review
- Arrambam Movie Review
- Sutta Kathai Movie Review
- Ragalaipuram Movie Review
- Nugam Movie Review
- Naiyaandi Movie Review
- Vanakkam Chennai Movie Review
- Idharkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara Movie Review
- Onayum Aatukuttiyum Movie Review
- Raja Rani Movie Review
- 6 Movie Review
- Ya Ya Movie Review
- Shuddh Desi Romance Movie Review
- Moodar Koodam Movie Review
- Mathapoo Movie Review
- Arya Surya Movie Review
- Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam Movie Review
- Summa Nachunu Irukku Movie Review
- Thanga Meengal Movie Review
- Ponmaalai Pozhudhu Movie Review
THAGARAARU RELATED NEWS
- A Peek Into Thagararu Soon
- Thagaraaru And The Lord Muruga Connection
- Arulnithi's Thagaraaru Is In Its Last Leg
- 'Simbu Is Like A Mirror' - An Exclusive With Director Ganesh...
- ''After Kamal Haasan, It Is Simbu'', Says A Young Director I...
- Dhayanidhi Alagiri Joins The December Battle
- Arulnithi Deals With Middle Class Life
- From The Makers Of Naan Rajavaga Pogiren…
- 4 Each With Ajith And Udhayanidhi Stalin
- Simbu And Gautham Menon Involved In A Fight
- “Illa Aanalum Irukku Will Be A Pleasant Surprise”- Aadha...
- From The Maker Of Chennai 28 And Aaranya Kandam…
- 20 Days Of Horror And Still 30 To Go
- Ameer To Begin In December
- From Raja Rani To Anjalai ...
THAGARAARU RELATED LINKS
- Thagaraaru Movie Preview
- Thagaraaru Music Review
- Thagaraaru I II
- Meet Thagaraaru Team - Photos
- Thagaraaru Trailer - Videos
- 'Simbu Is Like A Mirror' - An Exclusive With Director Ganesh Vinayak - Videos
- Kandharvan I II III
- "It's Not My Mistake That I Look Like Asin" - Poorna - Videos
- Madha Yaanai Koottam Music Review
- Pannaiyarum Padminiyum Trailer - Videos
- "Durai Dhayanidhi Is Everything To Me"- Arulnithi
- Celebrities Celebrate Arrambam With Behindwoods - Videos
- Naan Sigappu Manithan I II
- Naan Sigappu Manithan - Videos