PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
'I was hesitant to write the dialogues' - Madan Karky - Event Story
UTV films’ latest offering Settai held the audio launch earlier this morning at Sathyam cinemas, Chennai. A line up of prominent industry people was present at the event. The setting also provided the opportunity to invite the makers behind the original, Delhi Belly. Director Abhinay, writer Akshit, actor Kunal Roy Kapur and producer Siddarth Roy Kapur made their way from Mumbai to be a part of the event.
When asked about how he envisioned making Delhi Belly, director Abhinay jokingly said that he had temporarily lost his mind when he set out to make the film. He also said that he never expected the film to release for its content and now he’s pleasantly surprised that the film has made its way to the South.
Producer of Settai, Dhananjayan, said that he and director Kannan had worked on the script for over a year but it was Arya who shouldered the responsibility to realize the outcome of the film. Director of Settai, Kannan, said it was an easy decision to cast Arya, Santhanam and Premgi as leads since they were real life friends, and that’s what the script had demanded.
The star of the occasion, music director Thaman said it was always a nightmare to work on remakes since the originals would have their own identity. He said that he intentionally decided to keep the songs under 3 and half minutes in order to prevent the script from slowing down in pace. Lyricist Madan Karky who has penned his 100th song in this film said he was initially approached to write the dialogues, an offer which he was hesitant since the original film had a lot of profanity. He was happy that Kannan had adapted it into a mass family entertainer as he set out to achieve. Similar concerns were raised by Gana Bala who had written and sung for a fast paced kuthu number but he too was pleased with the final outcome of the product.
The film’s stars Arya, Hansika, Anjali, Premgi and his pair in the movie Nakshatra were present at the event and they spoke of their confidence in the film. Hansika especially made an honest effort to speak in Tamil. Several other high profile guests were present on stage like director Bala, Sundar C, Rajesh, Gnanavel Raja, GNR Kumaravelan, Madan, T. Siva to name just a few.
The producer of the film Dhananjayan had announced that the film still has about 6-7 days of shoot left and they are targeting a summer release on April 5th.
COMMENTS ON SETTAI AUDIO LAUNCH
OTHER LATEST EVENT STORIES
- Hansika to continue on the OKOK route
- This ensemble has Suriya, Vivekh, Santhanam and Powerstar
- Very important scenes for Ajith and Vishnuvardhan
- Singam 2's first roar from Jan 26th
- Santhanam is the surprise package in Vishwaroopam
- Venkat Prabhu's next multi-starrer with 3 big heroes?
- Santhanam's special 33
- Powerstar Srinivasan's mass hero promotion
- Dhanush's new soup song for Harris, The King of Romance
- Bala and Balu Mahendra's hour long discussion
- Bhagyaraj's latest demands from Santhanam and KLTA
- Santhanam like Rajini for Vijay's Thalaivaa
- Triple action Vishal for Sundar C ?
- 8 scenes and 4 songs from STR's Vaalu
- Bala and Studio Green get into an agreement
- Santhanam, the lone silver lining...
- Settai Audio Launch Posters - Photos
- Anjali at Womans World Showroom Launch - Photos
- Arya | The Patriots - Slideshow
- Vathikuchi New Look - Photos
- Madha Gaja Raja Music Review
- Irandam Ulagam - Photos
- Santhanam Birthday Celebration - Photos
- A sweeter Pongal for 2013
- Why should Ajith take such risks?
- The sounds of Bala
- Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kumaru Shooting Spot - Photos
- Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya Movie Review
- Powerstar on KLTA - Videos
- KLTA Director Manikandan Talks to Behindwoods - Videos