PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
'The toughest scene I've ever shot in my career' - Jiiva - Event Story
The stage was set for the audio launch of one of Indian cinema’s most unique and ambitious projects, David. The film’s key personnel, its director Bejoy Nambiar, its leads Vikram, Jiiva and Isha Sharvani were present for the occasion. With the two big stars coming together for the film, the presence of their fans is expected, and they were at their vocal best cheering for their favorite heroes, Vikram and Jiiva.
The event was compered with grace and effervescence by Sameena who first invited upon stage the multiple producers of the film, representatives from Getaway Films, Reliance Entertainment and Rampage. The producers revealed that they showed instant interest in Bejoy Nambiar’s story and took up the responsibility of delivering the film the way it should be. Sharada Trilok from Getaway Films said that since she, along with Bejoy Nambiar, came from Mani Ratnam’s school of films they both shared a good understanding and she knew of Bejoy’s capabilities.
The director himself took the opportunity to thank the producers, cast and crew of the project and strongly believed that the album would be one of a kind, in the manner that he’s utilized 6 different composers for the film’s soundtrack. When it was Jiiva’s turn to speak, he reminisced that a fight sequence in the film was the toughest scene he had ever shot in his career and that the director and stunt choreographer had him in aches and pains by the end of it. He felt that all that effort would be worth it when it’s played out on the screen. He jokingly requested Bejoy to come up with a love story for him next time around. Jiiva was all praise for his co-star Vikram who he said treated him like a brother, even before they got together for this project.
Vikram stepped on to stage to a raucous reception and he was at this cool and charming best with Isha Sharvani standing beside him. He spoke of his excitement about the film’s soundtrack and also revealed that he had sung a song in the movie. The Hindi version was performed by Remo Fernandes who also composed the tune along with another song for the movie. Vikram said that his character was one that he enjoyed the most in his career since it was his most relaxed performance till date. He also spoke of his acquaintance with Bejoy Nambiar from his Raavanan days, where the young director worked in Mani Ratnam’s team. He was also complimentary of Isha Sharvani’s dedication and performance in her role as a deaf and mute. He finally surprised the audience by delivering a few lines from his song.
In between the stars’ appearances the evening was interspersed with quite a few performances of the music from the movie. Karthik along with composer Prashant Pillai performed a tune, followed by a melody number sung by Arun and Shwetha Pandit, who also happens to play a role in the movie. The other performers of the evening included Sanjeev Thomas who performed a track composed by an indie band The Modern Mafia. Local favorite Anirudh Ravichander too performed his tune, which he claimed was composed after the director demanded that he feels the same depression that the character in the film feels.
But the event was hijacked and owned by the Goan sensation Remo Fernandes who showed off why he is such a highly regarded showman. His entry was dramatic as he emerged from the audience and on to the stage to deliver one of his songs from the album. After catching his breath and helping himself to some water he danced his way through another Portuguese flavored number that had the crowd singing and dancing along with him. He truly was Goan by native, and Goan by nature and he certainly brought the party to Chennai.
The album was finally revealed in the presence of the entire set of cast, crew and performers along with guests such as Suhasini Mani Ratnam. The album will contain 9 tracks (15 in Hindi) and will first be made available online and for radio airplay.
COMMENTS ON DAVID AUDIO LAUNCH
OTHER LATEST EVENT STORIES
- Who is Bala's choice? Vikram, Vishal or a newcomer?
- Gautham Menon joins a newcomer
- More 'David' songs in a few days !
- Gautham Menon’s next with Jiiva and Trisha?
- Vijay Antony wishes to emulate Suriya and Vikram
- Santhanam, Arya and Premgi’s naughty summer
- STR and Jiiva together thanks to NEPV
- Power Star to repeat the Chitti Rajini act
- Ethir Neechal rapper in trouble !
- Anirudh gets Udhay and Nayanthara
- Anirudh's new song in January !
- Simbu & Anirudh lend voices for album !
- Vikram, Jiiva and Mani Ratnam to come together !
- Trisha targets 10 more years
- Neethane En Ponvasantham is the last movie
- “It was a tribute to my fans in North India” - Anirudh
- Neethane En Ponvasantham is a slow poison
- David Music Review
- Jiiva Charitable Activities - Videos
- Jiiva Charitable Activities - Photos
- David Audio Launch - Photos
- David Audio Launch Poster - Photos
- V4 Entertainer Awards 2013 - Photos
- Behindwoods Ethir Neechal Contest - Videos
- Yaan on Location - Photos
- 19. Neethaane En Ponvasantham | Top 25 Tamil Movies of 2012 - Slideshow
- 23. Thaandavam | Top 25 Tamil Movies of 2012 - Slideshow
- 6. Ethir Neechal | Top 25 Tamil Movie Albums of 2012 - Slideshow
- 11. Thaandavam | Top 25 Tamil Movie Albums of 2012 - Slideshow
- 7. Anirudh | Top 25 Music Directors in Tamil - Slideshow