PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
South India Box Office roundup of MaryanJul 30, 2013
At the end of 10 days, it’s time to sit back and take a look at how Bharathbala’s Maryan has fared in some of the key markets around the South. The opening was undeniably good, over the last week or so, but has this Dhanush starrer managed to take the momentum forward to the second week as well, despite the release of two new movies? Read on to find out.
Chennai City and surrounding areas
At the end of 10 days, Maryan has grossed around 3.82 crores in Chennai City and its vicinity. The second weekend experienced a drop compared to the first, but prime multiplexes still reported near full houses.
The general talk among multiplexes in the circuit is that the movie was doing healthy business in its first week and also in the second weekend. While weekdays in the first week were clocking close to 80%, the weekdays of the second week have experienced a sharp dip in occupancies, hovering around 50%.
Some of the prominent single screens in the area also echoed a similar thought. The release of two new movies might be one of the factors for the dip.
Coimbatore, Neelagiri, Erode and Tirupur
After 10 days, Maryan has crossed the 1 crore mark in the above territories. A total of 55 screens are still screening the movie in these circuits and the going has been good till now. But the second week has seen a drop like in most of the other circuits.
In Coimbatore, the film is being shown in screens such as Central Cinemas, Brookfield cine mall, Fun cinemas, KG Big cinemas, Senthilkumaran complex, Yamuna, Kaveri, Saratha and Ambal cine park.
In Kanchipuram, Aruna and Babu theatres have grossed a total of 6 lakhs at the end of 10 days
Karnataka (Bangalore City)
Maryan had a big release 10 days back, all over Karnataka & especially in Bangalore City where it had a release in almost 39 screens. The film opened with a mixed word of mouth from the general audiences and the 2nd weekend’s occupancy for Maryan was less than 40% at the multiplexes, but somewhat better at a few single screens.
In Kerala, Maryan was purchased by Sagara Entertainment and the movie was released in about 79 screens. With the run so far, Maryan in Kerala is expected to collect 40 lakhs. The Ramzan period is generally considered a dull period in Kerala at the box office.
So, the overall box-office verdict on Maryan is about average, with multiplexes in urban centres offering better patronage compared to B and C centres.
OTHER NEWS STORIES
- Dhanush Stuns Rajinikanth
- Exclusive : ''I Said No To Shankar Even For 3 Crores'', Rajkiran
- After The '3' Miss, Dhanush Finally Gets Her !
- It's Official For Dhanush, Kamal Haasan And Salman Khan
- Anirudh's Grand Hat-trick With Vanakkam Chennai
- Birthday Bells For 'super Actor' Dhanush
- Dhanush's Honesty Has Left Him With No Friends
- Dhanush Says Hansika Is Right About Simbu
- Chennai Theaters Analysis: Pattathu Yaanai, Sonna Puriyathu, Maryan And Singam 2
- Dhanush Enters The Coveted 100 Crore League
- Exclusive: Dhanush And Anirudh Ravichander Unite Again
- Dhanush Is Game For K.V.Anand, But The Rest?
- I Will Not Act As Hero - Dhanush
- ''My Brother Taught Me Acting'', Dhanush's Candid Talk
- Hits & Misses Of The Last Seven Months
- Dhanush - Anirudh | Top Ten News - Slideshow
- "Up Close & Personal With Anirudh Ravichander"
- Raanjhanaa Success Party
- Raanjhanaa Sucess Party
- How Has Maryan Opened Across The World?
- 60th Filmfare Awards 2013 Set 2
- Maryan - Guhan's Views!!
- Chennai Box Office
- If Dhanush Can, Why Can't Sridevi Or Asin ?
- 60th Filmfare Awards 2013
- Maryan Mashup
- Guru Sishyan - Dhanush / Sivakarthikeyan | - Slideshow
- Vaali - Dhanush | - Slideshow
- Maryan Movie Review By Common Man