PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
TAMIL SONGS REVIEW
THANGA MEENGAL SONGS REVIEW
Review by : Behindwoods Review Board
Album Release Date : Apr 30,2013
Cast: Padmapriya, Ram, Sadhana, Sally
Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja
Background score: Yuvan Shankar Raja
Editing: A Sreekar Prasad
Singers: Alphons Joseph, Baby Sadhana, Baby Sanjana, Rahul Nambiar, Sriram Parthasarathy
Lyrics : Na. Muthukumar
PRO: Nikhil Murugan
Distribution: Photon Kathaas
Thanga Meengal is director Ram’s follow up to his acclaimed Kattradu Tamizh. The film features Ram in the lead along with child artiste Sadhana. The director teams up with Yuvan Shankar Raja once again for the music.
If you ever thought an amalgamation of Ilayaraja and A.R.Rahman is not possible, then listen to Aanandha Yaazhai. It has the soul of Ilayaraja's music and the mind of A.R.Rahman's. Yuvan Shankar Raja, take a bow ! Sriram Parthasarthy renders a heartfelt performance keeping his emotions in check. The spoken word intro by Ram draws the outline for each song on the album, possibly even for the entire story.
The gentle harmonics and percussions take a back-seat early on to give impetus to the remarkable melody. Rahul Nambiar can do no wrong with his soulful voice, be it the demands of the highs and the understated low ends. Yuvan’s master stroke features half way into the tunes as he introduces the dramatic string section and later towards the end with his ambient sounds. The song also features some nifty bass playing.
The haunting vocal intro makes way for racy strumming on the acoustic guitar and Alphons Joseph joins the party with his vocal. The promising melody sets up the song nicely for Middle-eastern percussions to take over, but it’s all too short.
A song readymade and delivered for and by children. The composer does well to keep the vocal melodies simple and gives the kids several fun sing-along moments. What does stand out is the kids’ high pitched wailing, which sounds strained but it is still retained in the mix only to indicate the beauty in the imperfections of children, which may as well serve as a good lesson for the adults who harp on seriously on such matters.
COMMENTS ON THANGA MEENGAL SONGS REVIEW
OTHER SONGS REVIEWS
- Rendavathu Padam Songs Review
- Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga Songs Review
- Onbathula Guru Songs Review
- Vathikuchi Songs Review
- Settai Songs Review
- Annakodiyum Kodiveeranum Songs Review
- Madha Gaja Raja Songs Review
- Sonna Puriyadhu Songs Review
- Haridas Songs Review
- Hai Da Songs Review
- David Songs Review
- 6 Songs Review
- Machan Songs Review
- Naan Rajavaga Pogiren Songs Review
- Yaaruda Mahesh Songs Review
- Kadal Songs Review
- Ethir Neechal Songs Review
- Alex Pandian Songs Review
- Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya Songs Review
- Vellachi Songs Review
THANGA MEENGAL RELATED NEWS
- The Countdown To The 'Thala 53' Teaser Begins, Few More Hour...
- Ajith Is Confident Of Delivering A Good Film
- The Legendary MSV's Juggernaut Continues
- 'Thala 53' Teaser Is Ready ... Release On May 1?
- The Story Behind The Rahman-Yuvan 'Mariyaan' Association
- A Great Intro Guaranteed In Ajith's Next
- Venkat Prabhu's Biriyani Leaves Hyderabad
- Gautham Karthik's Sippai With Yuvan For Company
- Yuvan’s Four For Gautham Menon
- Moondru Per Moondru Kaadhal Targets Workers' Day
- What's The Status Of The Ajith - Vishnu Film?
- Suseenthiran Confirms AKS Release Date !
- Two Major Houses Team Up For Ajith
- Thillu Mullu 2 Wrapped Up…
- Venkat Prabhu's European Sojourn For Biriyani