PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
HINDI SONG REVIEW
DABANGG 2 SONG REVIEW
Review by : Behindwoods Review Board, Behindwoods Review Board
Album Release Date : Nov 15,2012
Cast: Prakash Raj, Salman Khan, Sonakshi Sinha
Direction: Arbaaz Khan
Background score: Arbaaz Khan
Cinematography: Aseem Mishra
Distribution: Arbaaz Khan Productions
Dabangg 2 is probably the most hyped Bollywood movie in recent years thanks to Salman Khan’s brand value and the cult status that Dabangg achieved in 2010. The music of the sequel was released today. Have Sajid and Wajid lived up to the huge hoopla?
This song is too similar to the ‘Tere Mast’ number from Dabangg; the singers are all the same. Nevertheless, the song is likable thanks to the catchy rhythm that it has and to the use of ‘dhol’ and ‘tabla’. Other traditional instruments like veena and harmonium have also been used to make this a good ‘sufi’ style song.
This one sounds similar to a band number and this can be expected to get the appreciation of the front benchers. The upbeat tempo is the biggest USP of the number which also has a small reference to the mega hit ‘Munni Badnaam’ number from Dabangg. This number will also feature ‘Munni’ Malaika Arora Khan.
There is a remix version of this song which has a slightly increased tempo and heavy electronic percussions. The production of this remix isn’t up to the mark of other remixes.
This is the item song which will feature Kareena Kapoor shaking her legs with Chulbul Pandey. This song has also been targeted at the masses. The rhythm of the song is rustic and infectious while the singing style is sensual and nonchalant. The string sounds in this song make the song livelier.
This number also has a remix that is akin to the ‘you spin my head right round’ number. Electronic percussions are the only difference between this one and the original. Nothing special!
This one is an earthy melody rendered by the silken Sonu Nigam and Tulsi Kumar. The song has a melodious string and shehnai section but the ‘dhol’ percussions in the song give it a really dated feel.
This is a heroic number which uses the popular ‘Udd Udd Dabangg’ refrain. The tune just seems to be an extension of that song. The impact created by that song is hard to match as this one falls flat almost. The trumpets try to infuse a massy ring to the song.
Remixes for almost every song are becoming sort of an indulgence. Again, just the beats differentiate the remix of this song and the original. The remix fails to deliver anything out of the ordinary.
OTHER SONG REVIEWS
- Thuppakki Music Review
- Aadhi Bhagavan Music Review
- Ammavin Kaipesi Music Review
- Mathil Mel Poonai Music Review
- Pizza Music Review
- Saattai Music Review
- Paagan Music Review
- Uyir Mozhi Music Review
- Neethaane En Ponvasantham Music Review
- Thiruthani Music Review
- Sundarapandian Music Review
- Karuppampatti Music Review
- Thaandavam Music Review
- Maattrraan Music Review
- Konjam Koffee Konjam Kaadhal Music Review
- Naan Music Review
- Veyilodu Vilayadu Music Review
- Kumki Music Review
- Mugamoodi Music Review
- Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom Music Review
DABANGG 2 RELATED NEWS
- Prabhu Deva And Sonakshi Together
- Prabhudeva In An Item Number?
- Salman Khan To Turn A Thillilangadi
- Who Is Priya Anand, Asks Kamal
- Kamal Wants Bollywood Heroines
- Sonakshi Upset With Kamal Haasan
- Sonakshi Upset With Kamal Haasan
- Guess Who Will Direct Viswaroopam Now?
- Vishwaroopam To Be Filled With Thrills And Chills
- Kamal To Show His Viswaroopam!
- Silambarasan Trying For Sonakshi Sinha
- Kamal And Selva Denied US Visa?
- Sonakshi Has Never Met Kamal Till Date
- Kamal Teams With Shankar
- Kamals Pair In Selvaraghavans Film