PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
Ameer to talk with Muslim leaders on behalf of KamalJan 31, 2013
Representatives of the various unions in the Tamil cinema industry like the Nadigar Sangam, FEFSI and the Directors Union have united in an effort to smoothen the process towards Vishwaroopam’s release. All of them gathered at Kamal’s Eldams Road Office in the morning to decide on their course of action after Kamal left for Mumbai to release Vishwaroop on February 1st.
Those present include Radhika, Sivakumar, Karthi, Prabhu, Madhavan, Prem, Ameer, Bala, Gnanavel Raja and Prasanna. They were all supposed to meet the CM of the state but decided to wait and watch for her speech regarding this issue. Once her statement was out, they were clear on the next course of action.
It has been decided that director Ameer would be the sole representative from Kamal Haasan’s side and that he would hold discussions with representatives of the 24 Muslim outfits. Post this meeting, which is expected to be about the film’s so-called offensive content, there might be some cuts effected on the movie to appease the Muslim outfits. Post this, the entire matter is expected to be resolved amicably with the law taking things to an inevitable close. Kamal has already been informed in Mumbai about the happenings here.
Radhika was representing the Nadigar Sangam in the absence of her husband Sarath Kumar while Ameer represented the FEFSI. Those present were firm that the industry was fully behind Kamal in this issue and that they won’t leave him at any cost.
Prabhu said that Kamal has always been a revered figure in the industry and that there might have been an impression of inactivity in the film industry because they were all waiting for the law to take its course.
On behalf of the Nadigar Sangam, Radhika and Sivakumar also thanked the CM for coming forward with her statement and they believe that things will be sorted out amicably in the coming days.
Kamal's brother, Chandra Haasan, talking on behalf of the actor, thanked the Chief Minister, Dr.J.Jayalalithaa, on issuing a press statement at the right time and creating the right channel to resolve the problem amicably between the two parties.
OTHER NEWS STORIES
- Ameer Will Not Change Title
- Law Being Revisited Following ...
- "I Have No Personal Grudge Aga...
- If Kamal Leaves, We Must Follo...
- Tamil Film Industry’s Midnig...
- Kamal Haasan Leaves Chennai!
- Kamal Appeals To Fans To Remai...
- Fans Of Rajini And Ajith Do Th...
- Vishwaroopam Won't Release Thi...
- Rajinikanth Rushes To Be With ...
- Muslim Outfit Damages A Leadin...
- Kamal Haasan To Leave India?
- Has Vikram's David Been Postpo...
- Breaking News: Madras High Cou...
- I Support Kamal Haasan
- Does Tamilnadu Deserve Vishwaroopam?
- Stars Join The Vishwaroopam Cause
- Vishwaroopam Court Hearing Details - Videos
- Kamal Haasan's Emotional Speech - Videos
- Vishwaroopam - Rated I
- Vishwaroopam Case Hearing Verdict - Videos
- KamalHaasan Press Meet Regarding Vishwaroopam - Photos
- Kamal Haasan The Howard Roark Of Indian Cinema
- Crusade For Vishwaroopam
- Vishwaroopam - Making Of 'Unnai Kaanatha' Video Song - Videos
- Bharathiraja Talks About Vishwaroopam - Videos
- Ameer Talks About Vishwaroopam - Videos
- A "Controversial" Masterpiece
- Vishwaroopam - It's Kamal's Fault All Along