PHOTOS & STILLS - GALLERY
Theeya Velai Seiyannum Kumaru ReviewBy Kannan Vijaykumar
Behindwoods.com isn't responsible for the views expressed by the visitor in this column. The visitor claims that this column is his/her own. If the column infringes any copyrights that you hold, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Casts: Siddarth, Hansika, Santhanam
Genre: Romantic Comedy
As soon as director Sundar.C announced his resignation in acting, many comedy lovers were thrilled that the master of comedy will be back to what he knows the best, directing. After tasting stupendous success with his old school comedy flick, ‘Kalakalapu’, Sundar.C is back in full fire with ‘TheeyaVelaiSeiyannumKumaru’. As always, Sundar.C’s comedy flick will always raise expectations as he is one film maker who redefined comedy in 1990s. So will TVSK be an addition to his winning titles?
Kumar (Siddarth) is from a quirky IT company who is fixated in his career despite his encouraging family who hopes that he will fall in love one day and settle down soon after. As expected Sanjana (Hansika) joins his company and it is love at first sight for Kumar. However, things do not go as perceived when company heartthrob George (Ganesh) proposes to Sanjana. That is when Kumar is pushed to a brink and hires Mokia (Santhanam), a ‘love guru’ to aid him to get Sanjana. So will they be able to succeed?
Story – Screenplay
Everyone who has watched Sundar.C’s series of comedies will eventually have expected a predictable story presented with whole lots of twist and turns brought by the strings of star studded comedians and TVSK is no exception. Like his previous films, TVSK is a neat old school comedy which can be related and enjoyed by all ages. The situational comedy written in an exaggerated and goofy style is absolutely a scream.
On the down side, unnecessary song placements somehow hamper the crisp screenplay present in most Sundar.C’s film. Moreover, the emotional romantic core of the film gets diluted gradually in the midst of the overloaded twists and turns. Therefore when the film ends you might feel like it’s more of a comedy than a rom-com.
Despite that, it is a wonder that the director has managed to grasp the audiences from start to end with a plot which is old as a hill. Thanks to his impressive casting abilities and bright treatment, TVSK works at most parts.
Casting & Performance
Siddarth continues from where he left at ‘KadhalilSothapuvadhuYeppadi’with his innocent yet charming looks, pulling off as Kumar quite comfortably. His first ever combination with Santhanam works big time as he complements well to the comic timing.
‘Comedy super star’ Santhanam keeps up to his title by leading the whole film through the idiosyncratic screenplay with his impressive charisma. His witty one liner never fails to add to the momentum for any film.
Hansika with her new toned looks, comes out impressively in acting department as usual. Her strong screen presence brings her to a step closer to the throne of next ‘Kushboo’ of Kollywood.
TVSK also has a remarkably well assembled supporting casts such as Bosskey, RJ Balaji, Manobala, Dehli Ganesh, Vidyullekha, Jennifer and many more. RJ Balaji comes out the top in the list with his excellent proficiency of well timed and innovative comedic counters, while Vidyullekha scores whenever she appears on screen.
In overall, Sundar.C continues to capitalize on his biggest strength of casting and character designing in TVSK too.
Technically TVSK’s technical team has presented Sundar.C’s vision with much vibrancy needed for a script like this. ‘Pizza’ fame Gopi Amarnath’s clean cinematography further enhances the existing liveliness while Praveen-Srikanth’s editing keeps the comedy well-paced and crisp.
Even though Sathya’s music sounds different, the placements prevent our attention span to fully indulge in his music. However, each songhas a sense of innovation visually.
Despite its lack of emotional core and predictability, no doubt that TVSK will continue the trend of comedy blockbusters, thanks to Santhanam’s ever striking charisma and Sundar.C’sexceptional flair of comedy writing.
Verdict: Entertainment guaranteed!
Want to publish your column too?
Please send your column to email@example.com.
Please send your column to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER VISITOR COLUMNS
- Will Simbu's Vaalu release as planned ?
- Lilliput Vijay!!!
- Vijay to sport a new look from 23rd April
- April 30th is the day for Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Puli
- HOT - 2 more heroine additions to Vijay’s Puli
- Simbu’s Vaalu gets another release date !!
- Nannbenda USA First Week Schedule
- Mani Ratnam’s Aadhi - Tara to fight it out with Romeo - Juliet
- Gautham Menon-type love for Udhay and Hansika?
- Nannbenda to tickle the funny bone in the USA too!
- Vaalu postponed yet again!!!!!
- Simbu is a happy man with a hashtag
- Thala 56 - going the Kaththi way
- Siddharth responds to Samantha
- ''You would forget that it is Siddharth who is performing''
- Romeo Juliet I II III IV V
- Romeo Juliet I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX
- Suraj | THE MAKE OR BREAK MOMENTS !!! - Slideshow
- Enakkul Oruvan | The 10 Most Expected Movies - Slideshow
- Enakkul Oruvan I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII
- Enakkul Oruvan I II III IV
- Vikram, Gautham and others say a clear NO
- Romeo Juliet trailer
- Romeo Juliet Audio Launch
- Hansika I II III IV
- Hansika | Actresses beating the heat! - Slideshow
- Hansika | Stars Shoot Themselves ! - Slideshow
- Hansika | The Hottest Inning of Trisha, Hansika, Anushka and more - Slideshow
- Hansika I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX
- Siddharth's brand of cinema
- Which class do you fall under after watching Enakkul Oruvan?
- Gnomeo and Juliet - Romeo and Juliet | THE UNLIKELY MIRROR IMAGES !!! - Slideshow
- Endrendrum Punnagai - Alvin and Chipmunks | THE UNLIKELY MIRROR IMAGES !!! - Slideshow
ABOUT THIS PAGE
This page has information about Theeya Velai Seiyannum Kumaru Review, Theeya Velai Seiyannum Kumaru, Sundar C.