Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Bhavana and Trisha come to Padmapriya’s rescue
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
No minimum balance NRI account
October 16, 2007
The slapping of Padmapriya on the sets of Mirugam by director Sami is the much talked about incident and has caused huge uproar in the tinsel town. Many actresses have come forward to express their solidarity with Padmapriya.

When quizzed about her opinion Trisha says, “It is wrong to hit a woman whatever be the reason.
Padmapriya

If such events are allowed, women will find it an uphill task to work and there might also emerge a situation wherein anybody can beat anybody. If the director has found the actress uncooperative, he should have complained to the Nadigar Sangam who would have found a solution to his problem”. She also said that she would support Padmapriya in this issue.

Bhavana finds the entire incident very regressive and wonders if anybody could perform when beaten. She further adds, “I have never heard of such incident in my career before and I firmly support Padmapriya’s stance on this issue.”
Not surprisingly Gopika also echoes similar sentiment on this issue and says, “I was shocked when I heard about this episode. The director has no right to slap an actress in any circumstance. I have acted in nine Tamil films and thankfully no director has behaved with me in this manner”.

Kushboo while condemning such act states vociferously, “Never in my career have I heard of an incident wherein a director has beaten the artiste because she could not emote. This is not right”

behindwoods.com India Search
News Link
Padmapriya returns favor to Sami
More News
News Arrow Shriya makes hay while it rains
  News Arrow Sarath and Namitha go back to 1977
    News Arrow Lucky Vadivelu jives with Shriya in the rain
  News Arrow Radhika and Nadiya in Vijay’s film?
  News Arrow Parthiban reverts to what he does best
  News Arrow ATM release postponed!
  News Arrow The much awaited Jodha Akbar
  News Arrow ATM audio release
  News Arrow Rajini to be waxed
  News Arrow Rahman’s Golden age has come
  News Arrow Pirivom Santhippom’s Literary Traits
  News Arrow Prabhu Deva inspired by legendary director
  News Arrow Cheran zeroes in on the chocolate lady
  News Arrow Padmapriya roughed up
  News Arrow Special day for the dusky beauty of Kollywood
News Arrow CM presents awards to Kamal and Rajini
  News Arrow Kalaignar accedes to Kamal's request
News Arrow Bhavana and Trisha come to Padmapriya’s rescue
  News Arrow Chinese plagiarism hurts Rahman
News Arrow Padmapriya returns favor to Sami
  News Arrow National award winning director ropes in Premji
News Arrow D-day for remakes is near
  News Arrow Elephants play spoilt sport with Selva

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com