Tamil Movies | Trailers | Comedy | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie News | Previews | Reviews | Music Review | Packages | Rising Stars
Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Martial Art Training for an actress
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
May 29, 2007
Pazhasi Raja is an upcoming historical Malayalam film where Mammootty plays the lead role. The plum role of the queen in the film was offered to Padmapriya but with one condition that she should be well versed in Kalari payattu, the martial art form of Kerala. Unfortunately, the doe eyed beauty is not familiar with Kalari and hence she is doing the role of a tribal woman in the film.
Padmapriya

But Padmapriya not to be bogged down by the change of role has gone ahead and enrolled herself for Kalari classes. Presently she is taking her Kalari lessons from Mr. Soman at the Martial Arts Academy at Trivandrum.

While talking about her Kalari lessons the actress says, “I feel bad about losing on the queen role as I did not know Kalari. But all the same I do not want to lose out on such good roles in future. That’s the reason I am learning Kalari now. Though it is very tough to learn this martial art, I am confident that I’ll get trained in three months”.

An interesting trivia about this film is that Sarthkumar will be doing a small cameo in Pazhasi Raja.

News Link
Uncertainties on Sivaji's arrival

More News
News Arrow Martial Art Training for an actress   News Arrow Kalaignar TV’s first deal: Sivaji - The Boss
    News Arrow “Vijay's fight will be an experience”
  News Arrow "The Indian movie that you must see before you die"
  News Arrow Lajjo- yes, no, maybe.
  News Arrow Will Sivaji – The Boss help this man in distress?
  News Arrow Grief strikes Maniratnam's family
  News Arrow A shootout and a sugar free romance
  News Arrow Sneha enthuses the teen population
  News Arrow Vikram’s fixation with photo stills
  News Arrow Free tickets for Sivaji
  News Arrow Ameer yet to be settled his dues for Paruthiveeran
  News Arrow Mammootty in trouble?
  News Arrow Ajith becomes the happiest man in the world
  News Arrow A.R.Rahman - Wah Taj !
News Arrow Uncertainties on Sivaji's arrival   News Arrow Pirates scare the hell out of Spidey! An ogre makes merry
News Arrow Jeeva in India sans Dhaam Dhoom   News Arrow Complaint against Surya
News Arrow Pirates get their treasure, World record for ‘World’s end’   News Arrow Real life gangster threatens Bollywood
News Arrow The Vaaranam Aayiram fix - Surya explains   News Arrow ‘Naan M.G.Ramachandran’- Sivaji: The Boss

Everything about Tamil movies, Tamil Actors, Tamil Actresses, Tamil Cinema & Kollywood
Behindwoods.com 2004-2007 ; Privacy Policy ; Terms of Service ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com