Tamil Movies | Trailers | Slideshows | Top Ten | Interviews
Movie Articles | Classic Movies | Movie Personalities | Tech&Tech | Contact Us
Behindwoods Logo

Dhanush, Kollywood’s Al Pacino!!
Dhanush
There is something about this small-made, skinny, almost skeletal young man. When he entered Tamil cinema, people wrote him off without even a second look. But with powerful performances, arresting screen presence and an air of nonchalance while being completely connected to the role, the character and the script, Dhanush made a mark for himself. And now, with Pudupettai’s performance, he has scaled new heights, making him one actor to certainly look out for.
Critics might say the movie is too violent, moviegoers might have had mixed reactions to the film, but one unanimous verdict was Dhanush’s stellar character, that literally came alive in all its glory for the three hours. What’s more, Cameron Bailey, Film Programmer, Toronto International Film Festival for South Asia and Africa, who was in Chennai to shortlist films for the festival, had this to say about the film and Dhanush’s versatility: “My interest for the film took shape only because I was told that the film had a few touches of the film ‘City of God’. And when I saw the film, I was impressed.
Al-Pacino
It had a little of City of God, a little of the film Scarface, and yet, Puduettai retained its own flavour and style. Dhanush especially was very impressive, and I was reminded of a young Al Pacino of the 1970s. I was also quite taken by the technical brilliance of the film.” So much so, Cameron Bailey also mentioned that even though the first half was better than the second half, the film still has a lot of interesting elements in it.
Dhanush
With the film Kadhal Kondein itself, both Selvaraghavan and Dhanush proved their talent and capabilities, each laden with unique and distinguished potential. Selvaraghavan gave three successive hits and forced the industry to take note of his style of filmmaking, and today his films are a brand on its own. As in their previous films, the Selvaraghavan – Dhanush combination has created magic on screen yet again. Perhaps not as a super hit like his earlier films, but it has made the world take notice.
For Dhanush, after a long gap and many flops, Pudupettai has given him that much needed break. He might not be a successful commercial film actor, but when it comes to subject-oriented films, like Adhu Oru Kana Kaalam or Pudupettai, Dhanush brings out his best, and audiences are more than happy to appreciate his screen accomplishments.

While we leave Cameron Bailey with his spontaneous reactions to the film, his contentment with the rich source of Indian films
Dhanush
and the secret wish of Sivaji being ready for the festival, we leave Dhanush to revel in his newfound success. There is something about international attention and praise!

Pudupettai Gallery >>
Pudupettai Music Review>>

Other top stories
Catch the latest on Kamal's Dasavatharam makeup!! NDTV explores ‘The Rajni Factor’
Bloodletting or Laughter – Take your pick! Parijatham – a big comeback for Bhagyaraj?
‘Vallavan’ Music: Yuvan has proved once again!! Selva-Dhanush-Yuvan combo rocks!
Is Shankar crippling Sivaji? Top 10 heroines of Kollywood today
Sivaji - Package Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu Package

Behindwoods.com © 2004-06 ; For advertising contact behindw@behindwoods.com