CHENNAI BOX OFFICE
Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 66,47,416
Verdict: Below Average Opening
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekend): 17%
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 73,542
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekdays): 17%
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays): Rs. 1,70,550
Director: Pon Kumaran
Producer: Ramesh Krishnamoorthy
Music Director: Sundar C Babu
Cinematographer: Panner Selvam
Inspired from the Thai horror movie ‘Alone’ about conjoined twins, Charulatha is a story of love and revenge that also borders on sibling rivalry.
After an average opening followed by slow collections, Charulatha is settling into the below average category.
As the movie’s opening credits roll, you get an upbeat feeling about the general prospects. But it’ll all be reduced to banking on Priyamani’s performance, who has done a good job by the way.
Ave Theatre occupancy (weekend) : 17%
Collection in Chennai (Weekend) : Rs. 78,970
Ave Theatre occupancy (Weekdays) : 17%
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays) : Rs. 21,86,933
Charulatha is a regionalized adaptation of the Thai horror movie called Alone. Although Priyamani has put in an earnest performance worth paying attention to, the movie’s pace seems to have worked against it.
The movie had good pre-opening buzz and it managed an average opening despite the lack of star power but the second weekend saw shows being drastically reduced.
Other than Priyamani’s performance, the movie has not gained enough brownie points to appear up in the public’s news feed.
Ave Theatre occupancy (weekend) : 35%
Collection in Chennai (Weekend) : Rs. 41,37,420
The story of conjoined twins, adapted from the Thai horror movie Alone, has Priyamani playing the lead of the twin sisters who have extremely different characteristics.
The movie had good pre-opening buzz and it managed an average opening despite the lack of star power.
Priyamani’s acting has come in for much appreciation.
Ranking based on Chennai Box Office collection from the following areas:
- Meet AL Vijay - Videos
- English Vinglish Tamil Movie Review
- English Vinglish Movie Review
- Priya Anand About English Vinglish - Videos
- Sridevi talks about English Vinglish - Videos
- Priya Anand Interview - Videos
- Priya Anand Interview - Videos
- Sridevi Interview - Videos
- English Vinglish Premiere Show - Photos
- English Vinglish Movie Preview
- Sundar C Babu About Charulatha - Videos
- Priyamani About Charulatha - Videos
- Thaandavam Movie Review
- GV Prakash talks about Thaandavam - Videos
- Director Pon Kumaran Interview - Videos
- Sundarapandian Working - Photos
- GV Prakash Interview - Videos
- AL Vijay Interview - Videos
- English Vinglish - Photos
- Thaandavam - Uyirin Uyire Song - Videos
- Censor officials on Raktha Charithram
- Ratha Sarithiram just got bigger!
- PRIYAMANI RAKES UP CONTROVERSY
- Priyamanis mistake
- Priyamanis reaction to Prithvirajs marriage
- Birthday girl Priyamani
- Priyamani denies...
- Priyamani second to Shruthi Haasan?
- Priyamani wishes to conquer Bollywood
- Harris Jeyaraj is very upset
- Venkat Prabhus Godha
- Priyamani has a narrow escape
- Priyamani talks about Sachiin affair
- Priyamani strikes it big in Bollywood?
- Priyamani is back with a bang
- Priyamani is North bound
- K V Anand reveals about the inspiration for Maatraan
- Sax is back ...
- What binds Maatraan, Charulatha and Iruvan
- Charulatha will fetch me awards, Priyamani